MedCity News will host its annual INVEST conference online, April 19-23. INVEST is a premier international healthcare investing event hosted in partnership with MHIN, a Midwest healthcare investor organization. The conference brings together active investors and promising startups in biopharma, diagnostics, medical devices, health IT, and health services.
INVEST will address six broad themes through a mix of live and pre-recorded sessions:
- Public Health and Health Equity
- Healthcare Delivery
- Healthcare Investing & Financing
- Empowering Patients
- Behavioral Health
- Employer Health
Among the confirmed speakers so far are:
- Ellen Herlacher, Principal, LRV Health
- Dennis Depenbusch, Director, New Ventures, BCBS Kansas
- Austin Duke, Senior Venture Associate, UnityPoint Health Ventures
- Christina Farr, Principal, OMERS Ventures
- Ami Bhatt, MD, Director, Outpatient/TeleCardiology & Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Harsh Vathsangam, PhD, co-founder and CEO, Moving Analytics
- Kevin Dedner, Founder and CEO, Hurdle
- M Daniele Fallin, PhD, Chair, Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Morgan Cheatham, Investor, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Tina Hernandez-Boussard, PhD, Associate Professor of Biomedical Informatics and Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Sahil Choudhry, Managing Director, Cigna Ventures & Strategy
Pitch Perfect Startup Competition
As in previous years, promising startups will get the opportunity to present to investors directly as part of the INVEST Pitch Perfect competition. In order to apply to get selected, startups must fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Have raised at least $1 million, or
- Have raised a Series A round, or
- Have one qualified institutional investor or a strategic investor that they can name
There is no application fee. The deadline for submissions is Feb 28, so please click here to apply now.
Ask the Investor
One new feature of the conference will be intimate sessions to give startups an overview of investment strategies for leading healthcare investors and provide them the opportunity to engage in a Q&A with them. Each session will feature one investor who will outline his or her investment philosophy and area of interest, and 10 startups will be able to participate. Startups who choose to register for this session will be asked to provide company and contact information that will be shared with the presenting investor to facilitate interaction after the session.
Space is limited to 10 startups per meeting. Please register here.
If you are a VC or corporate investor and want to be considered for a judging role, or you’d like to speak on one of our panels at the event, please click here.
For general information about the conference, contact Laura Kittredge, Director of Events at email@example.com.
Illustration: DrAfter123, Getty Images